Monday, 19 September 2016
Ten Years of Carton House
A month long festival of celebration offers in August.
An interesting, little known fact about Carton House, it’s a 1,100 acre walled estate measuring over 5.5 miles long. On the Montgomerie Golf Course you’ll play alongside it on a number of holes but on the O’Meara Golf Course, such is the vastness of the estate, you’ll never see it. The estate stretches across two counties: Kildare and Meath. In other words, expect an expansive experience taking in breath taking views.
Carton House is celebrating its 10th anniversary with a special month long festival of offers this August, including complimentary upgrades, special B&B rates and free golfing activities.
Once you’ve registered for your free round of golf you’re left with the sticky decision of which golf course to play. Do you take the picturesque, elegant parkland route of the O’Meara Golf Course or do you take on the more strategic and challenging ‘inland-links’ of the Montgomerie Golf Course? They may sit side by side, but they are worlds apart in terms of their golf experience. Personally, I prefer the Montgomerie Golf Course (when the rough is up and golden), but most visitors will favour the O’Meara Golf Course where you don’t have to fear the bunkering quite so much. Besides, any conversation about golf at Carton House tends to centre on the run of three O'Meara holes beside the River Rye. Par three, par five, par three, all thrillers, all instantly memorable.
A Touch of HistoryCarton House was commissioned by the Earl of Kildare, in 1739. In 2006, the house was beautifully restored and the new modern wing was added to transform the property and create a unique venue which combines the old with the new. Carton House has achieved many milestones over the last decade, and will undoubtedly achieve many more.
To mark their 10th anniversary, Carton House has created a month long festival of celebration offers, including:
- 10 dates for only €110 B&B for a double room
- 10 dates of complimentary upgrades to the original house bedrooms
- 10 dates with complimentary wine in your room on arrival
- €10 credit for use in the spa or golf with you stay during August
- 10 rooms per night for only €90pps B&B with free round of golf
Whether it’s a romantic weekend away, a family break, a sporting trip or a Sunday lunch outing, Carton House has something for everyone. Here are the top 10 activities at the resort:
- Play a round of golf on one of two championship golf courses
- Visit The Kildare Gallery, home to paintings and sculptures by well- known Irish and international artists
- Fish at the famous boathouse
- Experience off road driving, zip wiring and a Bear Grylls experience at Xtreme.ie
- Relax with a treatment at the Carton Spa
- Book your summer BBQ at The Arch or enjoy award winning cuisine in the Linden Tree restaurant
- Play tennis
- Swim or gym at the resort’s leisure centre
- Take a 17th century history tour through the old house
- Enjoy a walk along one of the resorts famous walking trails
If you like, you can share your memories of Carton House over the last 10 years by sharing a photo on Facebook (@CartonHouseIreland), Twitter (@Cartonhouse) or Instagram (@Cartonhouse). Do so and you're in with a chance to win a luxury overnight stay in the stunning presidential suite with a champagne breakfast. Not a bad return!